Aclare House Nursing Home, 4/5 Tivoli Terrace South, Dunlaoghaire, Co Dublin +353 12801345
Each resident has the right to:
- Receive a contract of care outlining the rights and obligations of both nursing home
and the resident.
- Quality care which is appreciate to his or her needs.
- Participate in the formulation of his or her care plans and to be informed of all services that may be relevant to their needs regardless of their immediate availability.
- Full information about his or her own state of health and available treatments.
- Maintain control over, and continue to make decisions about, the personal aspects of his or her daily life, financial affairs and possessions.
- Be consulted on, and to choose to have an input into, decisions about his or her living arrangements in the home.
- Exercise all of their civil and natural rights and to have access to services and activities which are generally available in the community.
- Live without being obliged to feel grateful to those providing his or her care and accommodation.
- Live in a safe, secure and home like environment, and to move freely both within and outside the nursing home without undue/unnecessary restrictions.
- Maintain his or her personal independence, which includes recognition of personal responsibility for his or her own actions or choices, including those which involve risk.
- Take responsibility for their own personal affairs and to undertake daily living tasks of which they are capable.
- Be treated with dignity and respect, and preserve personal privacy.
- Be accepted as an individual and have his or her preferences taken into account.
- Be addressed in a form he or she is happy with.
- Select and maintain family, social and personal relationships with any other person, both within and outside the nursing home.
- Freedom of speech.
- Protection from harm and exploitation